You're Invited

Might my frustration
be an invitation to

stop

and choose
"the good portion,
which will not be taken away"?

Could this anger
reveal my fears
and misplaced trust
in man
and
the strength of flesh?

Emotions . . not good or bad.
False or true.
But signs, scents.
The signature of God on man
made in His image.
Revelations of my heart.
Signposts of my soul.

Listen.
Pay attention.
What is the Creator,
Father,
saying?

Consider the lilies.
The stars, turtles, butterflies, moon.
Consider silly boy faces, a lover's full eyes.
A child's heart needs.
Consider full plates, laughter, daughter's song.
Life with those loved best.

"For freedom Christ has set us free;
stand firm therefore,
and do not submit again
to a yoke of slavery."

The invitations are many:

"Come, for everything is ready."

But they were too busy with life.
So the invitation went to the poor.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

"Come to me, and I will give you rest."

"Come, buy, and eat what is good
and delight yourselves in rich food.
Come to me;

hear

that your soul may live."

(Inspiration: Luke 10:42, Jeremiah 17:5, Matthew 6:28, Galatians 5:1, Luke 15:14-24, Matthew 5:3, Matthew 11:28, Isaiah 55:1-3)

Labels: