Five Minute Friday: Encouragement


Five Minute Friday
It's where bloggers write for 5 minutes flat . . no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. Click on the button to read more thoughts on encouragement.



I think the most important words to speak are the ones that most often go unspoken.

What is it about negative words that makes them just so easy to pour out? If the power of life and death are truly in the tongue, maybe I ought to wield it more carefully. Purposefully. 

The Bible calls it a small member yet it can direct an entire body. How often has my tongue led my mind, heart and emotions into place of destruction, fear and discouragement?

It's a telling organ that reveals my heart, for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. So apparently my tongue not only determines where my heart is going, but it indicates what's already there.

But encourage one another day after day, 
as long as it is still called “Today,” 
so that none of you will be hardened 
by the deceitfulness of sin. 
~Hebrews 3:13

This seems like a worthwhile task for my tongue. One which should keep its unruly self occupied for a lifetime.



Labels: