Sure Things




















The mountains outside my morning window . . . are gone.


Where they once stood, only thick, cold, grey skies remain. My eyes say it's so. "I saw it with my own eyes!" Isn't that the surest thing? It's my own eyewitness testimony. The mountains are gone.

But sight can be short and senses tricked. I know what's true. The mountains haven't gone anywhere. I can see them there in my mind's eye. Blue Ridged, sharp against a clear blue sky. Unmoveable.

Thick, grey skies can deceive. Just like cold, dark circumstances that eclipse and hide sure things.

God is with us. 
He loves and cares for us. 
He is working out all things for His glory and the good of us who love Him. 

And a thousand more promises.

I may not see or feel them right now, but sure things stand despite vision or feelings. God's great love and promises haven't gone anywhere.

"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken 
nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the Lord, 
who has compassion on you. 
~Isaiah 54:10

Are difficult circumstances clouding your vision today? We can't always clear the clouds, but we can recall to mind God's promises. How has God been faithful to you in the past? How has he shown His love to you? 

Hold tight and take comfort in those sure things while you wait for clearer skies to reveal what you already know by heart.